Skip to the content

Dangerous Goods License (D) Endorsement

If you’re transporting dangerous goods, you usually need to have a dangerous goods (D) endorsement on your driver licence.

A lot depends on what you’re transporting, how much of it and under what circumstances.

Commonly available goods that are classified as dangerous for transport include:

  •         ammunition and fireworks

  •         aerosol canisters

  •         LPG and CNG cylinders

  •         oxyacetylene and other welding cylinders

  •         compressed air cylinders for scuba diving

  •         diesel

  •         flammable liquids such as petrol, kerosene,methylated spirits, solvent-based paints and epoxy resin as well as hardener

  •        some swimming pool chemicals

Refresher Courses Available